Mount Ring - Bansko

Mount Ring - Bansko

Twisted Knee Complex

Twisted Knee Complex


01.3.2024
Bansko Skiing Zone Concessionaire Presents to Environment Minister Conceptual Design for New Ski Gondola
Sofia, January 4 (BTA) - Meeting with Environment Minister Neno Dimov and the Mayor of Bansko on Thursday, officials of Ulen, the company running the Bansko skiing zone, presented a conceptual design for a second...

The first 20 years Max Consult.BG Ltd., Congratulations! 02.6.2023
The first 20 years Max Consult.BG Ltd., Congratulations!

UPDATED Bulgaria\'s First Floating Solar Power Plant Project Unveiled in Sofia 07.3.2023
UPDATED Bulgaria's First Floating Solar Power Plant Project Unveiled in Sofia
SOFIA, 07.03.2023 08:31 | UPDATED 07.03.2023 11:32 (BTA) A major project for building Bulgarias first floating solar power plant was presented in Sofia on Tuesday. Construction of the plant in the water area...


Weather/BNB fixing 23.04.24

20° Sofia 21° Plovdiv
20° Burgas 17° Stara Zagora
21° Varna 20° Rousse
CHF 1.59816 GBP 2.31651 USD 1.4962
MaxConsult.bg is a member of
www.fiabci.com www.nsni.bg www.bcci.bg/bulgarian/

Koprivshtitsa
Situated in the recesses of Sredna gora mountain, the town of Koprivshtitsa stands at 1060 meters altitude. The two highest peaks in Sredna gora,called Bogdan – 1604 m and Bonayar-1594 m, raise up not far from the town. It has 2600 habitants and is located 112 km southeast of Sofia, 80 km northwest of Plovdiv.
In the period of the Turkish yoke Koprivshtitsa was robbed and burnt down by Turkish burglars but the locals rebuilt it three times. The village reached its glory in XIX century when its population was 12000 people. On April 20 1876 the April Rebellion burst out and the first shot fired in Koprivshtitsa. The rich displays in the houses of Todor Kableshkov and Georgi Benkovski tell the story of that glorious time. Koprivshtitsa is unique place, over 300 monuments of the Bulgarian culture from the revival period have been preserved. The old houses have big eaves, stone walls and wide wooden gates. The exterior features windows, shutters, bay- windows painted blue, yellow and red. The house- museum called Oslekova house is the most famous architectural and ethnographic monument in the town. Its owner was a rich merchant from Koprivshtitsa and the house features with its artistic carved ceilings and its walls, painted in beautiful geometrical figures.

Famous Bulgarians were born in this town, today their houses are transformed into museums. Among them are the writer Luben Karaverov and the poet Dimcho Debelianov.

The first monastery school in the town was opened already in 1810 and in 1846 was founded the first secondary school in Bulgaria. Koprivshtitsa has a reputation of a wealthy village from the period of Bulgarian revival. Tourists could put up in houses, rooms, comfortable family hotels, there are lots of taverns.

                                                                                                                                                                                http://en.wikipedia.org/