Complex

Complex

Panorama, Razlog

Panorama, Razlog


01.3.2024
Bansko Skiing Zone Concessionaire Presents to Environment Minister Conceptual Design for New Ski Gondola
Sofia, January 4 (BTA) - Meeting with Environment Minister Neno Dimov and the Mayor of Bansko on Thursday, officials of Ulen, the company running the Bansko skiing zone, presented a conceptual design for a second...

The first 20 years Max Consult.BG Ltd., Congratulations! 02.6.2023
The first 20 years Max Consult.BG Ltd., Congratulations!

UPDATED Bulgaria\'s First Floating Solar Power Plant Project Unveiled in Sofia 07.3.2023
UPDATED Bulgaria's First Floating Solar Power Plant Project Unveiled in Sofia
SOFIA, 07.03.2023 08:31 | UPDATED 07.03.2023 11:32 (BTA) A major project for building Bulgarias first floating solar power plant was presented in Sofia on Tuesday. Construction of the plant in the water area...


Weather/BNB fixing 23.04.24

20° Sofia 21° Plovdiv
20° Burgas 17° Stara Zagora
21° Varna 20° Rousse
CHF 1.59816 GBP 2.31651 USD 1.4962
MaxConsult.bg is a member of
www.fiabci.com www.nsni.bg www.bcci.bg/bulgarian/

Kotel
Kotel is an old town, arose in the mouth of the Kotel pass, situated in the eastern part of the Balkan range, at 530 meters altitude. Its population is of about 7600 and it is located 330 km east of Sofia.
The village was mentioned for the first time in a Turkish register dated from 1486. The city's economy blossomed due to the fact, that the locals were very hard working, they developed many craft. The city enjoyed great wool supplies asuch was noted with its fabrications of carpets. Between 18th and 19th century, the local is secured contract to supply clothes to the Turkish army and this invariably gave them lots of privileges. The city flourished in trade and became as one of the richest cities with patriotic locals. The attraction in the city includes houses, which were preserved from its inception. The houses are tall, wooden, with beautiful wood carved doors and roofs. Most interesting of the features in the house interior includes hand made carpets, pillows, Folk dress, jewellerries etc.

Beside these, Kotel is the fortress of the Bulgarian spirit. It’s birthplace to many famous Bulgarian activists during the Bulgarian national revival - George Sava Rakovski, Neofit Bozveli, Dr. Peter Beron, Sofronii Vrachanski, etc.

After the liberation in 1894, 90% of the city was destroyed in blaze; the remaining 10 percent are suburbs called Galata, some ancient house from the inception of the city are still preserved in these suburbs and they 100 in number. This makes the city very attractive and beautiful. Among the features of the city is a school were the tourist can witness first hand original ancient loom from the locals

Among the tourist attractions is the museum of natural science, the ethnographical exposition in Kiurpeva house, the churches St. Troitsa (Holy trinity) and St. Peter and Pavel, they feature well preserved wood carvings.

The first school of folk singing and instrumental are situated in Kotel.

                                                                                                                                                                           http://en.wikipedia.org/