Balmoral - Bansko

Balmoral - Bansko

Alpen - NoNaMe - Bansko

Alpen - NoNaMe - Bansko


01.3.2024
Bansko Skiing Zone Concessionaire Presents to Environment Minister Conceptual Design for New Ski Gondola
Sofia, January 4 (BTA) - Meeting with Environment Minister Neno Dimov and the Mayor of Bansko on Thursday, officials of Ulen, the company running the Bansko skiing zone, presented a conceptual design for a second...

The first 20 years Max Consult.BG Ltd., Congratulations! 02.6.2023
The first 20 years Max Consult.BG Ltd., Congratulations!

UPDATED Bulgaria\'s First Floating Solar Power Plant Project Unveiled in Sofia 07.3.2023
UPDATED Bulgaria's First Floating Solar Power Plant Project Unveiled in Sofia
SOFIA, 07.03.2023 08:31 | UPDATED 07.03.2023 11:32 (BTA) A major project for building Bulgarias first floating solar power plant was presented in Sofia on Tuesday. Construction of the plant in the water area...


Weather/BNB fixing 23.04.24

20° Sofia 21° Plovdiv
20° Burgas 17° Stara Zagora
21° Varna 20° Rousse
CHF 1.59816 GBP 2.31651 USD 1.4962
MaxConsult.bg is a member of
www.fiabci.com www.nsni.bg www.bcci.bg/bulgarian/

Malko Tarnovo
A view towards the town
Malko Tarnovo town is situated 76 km away to the south of Bourgas town, 58 km away to the southwest of the town of Tsarevo, 470 km southeast away from Sofia town and 5 km away from the border of Turkey; 340 m altitude. The total number of its inhabitants is 3527.

Located in a karst valley surrounded by high forest eminences the town is the only one on the territory of central Bulgarian Strandzha region. To the west of Malko Tarnovo town raises the highest peak – Golyamoto gradishte (709 m altitude).

Despite the settlement exists from the antiquity (IV-III century BC) an older name is not preserved. A metallurgy center belonging to the territory of Biziya has been the last capital of the Thracian tsars.

When the capital of Rome is moved in Constantinople a large turning point in cultural and economic relations prevailed. In this case Strandzha region became close to the new cultural and economic center as an ore extraction center and an important supplier of metals. There are discovered at about 70 ancient metal mines on the territory of municipality of Malko Tarnovo town but in the areas of the town 4 melting furnaces.

A number of monuments are found in the town region – megaliths, mound necropolises, ancient buildings, a fortress all of them revealed the importance of the settlement through the Thracian and Roman epochs. The discovered quadrangular marble sanctuary in Mishkova niva area witnesses the old ore mining in the region. The center of the Roman metal extracting industry is concentrated around Malko Tarnovo town pointed this monument and a number of traces.

In the current appearance the town of Malko Tarnovo came into being in 1628 year. During the last two centuries developed the stock-breeding which has been means of living for the population until the beginning of XX century. The inhabitants of Malko Tarnovo town went through two large migrations.

The most important event in the current history of the town remains its becoming of an educational center and a center of revolutionary fights. All the districts of Malko Tarnovo town participated in Preobrazhensko uprising. A great number of revolutionary active members have been given by Malko Tarnovo town: Stamat Ikonomov, Diko Dzhelebov, Voino Royanov, Lefter Mechev and others. On the congress carried out in Petrova niva area the people of Malko Tarnovo town are represented with dignity.

The final annexation of Malko Tarnovo town within the bounds of the Bulgarian state became after the Balkan wars on the 25th of October 1913 year.

In the districts of the town is extracted marble. Thus of the disposal, the town of Malko Tarnovo is a visited place by many people. The climate favours the cure of pulmonary diseases.

Symbol of the town is Golemiyat vris (a spring), built up in 1862 year. It served as a holy spring before was covered . Here are accomplished public prayers for rainfalls that is why the population respects it as a holy place.

Interesting visiting places:

Historical museum with natural collection exhibition
Orthodox Church”Uspenie Bogorodichno”
East Catholic Church “St. Troitsa” (Holy Triad)
Thracian tombs and mound necropolis in Propada area
Thracian cult complex in Miskova niva area
Thracian rock sanctuary in Kamenska barchina area
Chapel “St. Troitsa” (Holy Triad) situated 2 km away to the west of the town; Chapel “St. Bogoroditsa” (St. Virgin Marry) – a chapel and curative spring to the north-west of the town, 8 km away in Peikovo countryside
Chapel “St. Bogoroditsa” in the area of Chernogorovo at about 4 km away southeast from the town.

                                                                                                                                                                           http://en.wikipedia.org/